Critter Alley

Critter Alley

Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Detour for Cuteness

Last week on my way home from work, I got a phone call telling me I absolutely had to stop by a local pub. Further, I was told I wouldn't be sorry.

It had been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was become a social butterfly. Grumbling to myself, I changed course as directed, wondering what the attraction could possibly be. Surprise visit from an out-of-towner? Friends who simply wanted me to show up for a cocktail? An annoying practical joke?

I hadn't a clue what awaited me. But when I walked in the door...



























































































Yep. A baby raccoon. He's an orphan being raised by a nature-loving friend. Those bright eyes had just opened a few days prior to the taking of these photos. I held the little cutie and he snuggled against me like a baby, which, of course, he is. Aren't his tiny fingers darling? He can already grab like a champ and gosh, does he ever love his bottle.

Please don't tell the Health Department, but this was one detour I thoroughly enjoyed.

10 comments:

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Aww. What a cute little guy. I've never seen a baby raccoon before. Is he as soft as he looks?

Sioux Roslawski said...

Pat--When I was a kid, I loved the book "Rascal" by Sterling North. That baby raccoon is a cutie. What a once-in-a-lifetime encounter!

Fireblossom said...

I love raccoons!

Saku said...

He is very cute, but then most babies tend to be. What will happen with him? Will your friend keep him or will he go to a zoo or something like that?

Linda O'Connell said...

How sweet. Did you consider for a moment adopting him? The problem with them, the dept. of conservation told me is if they start dragging their back legs, they probably have rabies. We found two babies, and one was sickly. But they were oh so cute.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my dawg! Momma had one called Olive when she was a teen. Millions of years ago. So adorable
Lily & Edward

Sketching with Dogs said...

Ohhh, he is adorable! What will they do when he grows up? Will he be able to be released into the wild or will he go to a sanctuary?
Lynne x

Tammy said...

Awww...what an adorable baby! I too would drink to that.

Unknown said...

Here's to very cute detours! What sweet pics that made me smile this morning!

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Adoreable!!!